Day Trip - Whitewater Packrafting
This is our most adventurous day trip. If you've ever dreamed about taking control of your own raft and navigating through whitewater rapids, this is for you.
Packrafting usually combines hiking and rafting allowing for unparalleled exploration of stunning wilderness valleys, like ours near Queenstown, New Zealand.
This is a Packrafting trip with a twist as there is very little hiking involved. All killer no filler!
In order to raise everyone's skill levels up to the point where we can safely navigate through the rapids, we focus heavily on training and squeeze out every last bit of value out of the river rather than hiking.
Where Packrafting differs from traditional whitewater rafting is that you do't have a guide in the boat with you. It's a bit like the difference between riding on a bus and learning to drive for the first time.
Our expert guides will take care of you and walk you through your first paddle strokes, how to manage any mistakes or swims that might happen and bring you up to speed in our morning training session.
After the morning learning, we'll grab a bite to eat before relocating up to the top of the river and beginning our paddle through our Grade 2 section of the Rees River near Glenorchy. This is a chance to put everything you've learnt together into one epic and bouncy trip through the river.
Why Choose us?
- Expert Guides: We've taught hundreds of adventurously minded folks how Packraft and have an unrivalled level of experience, skills and qualifcations
- Top of the line gear: We don't use cheap rafts or cut corners in the equipment we use
- Spectacular scenery: Queenstown's wilderness is renowned for its jaw-dropping beauty, and our day trips offer you the best vantage points to soak it all in.
- Suitable for All Levels: Whether you're a novice looking for an introductory packrafting experience or an adrenaline junkie seeking challenging rapids, we have the perfect trip for you.
- Our Regenerative Tourism Model: We are committed to preserving the pristine environment we play in. Our eco-conscious practices ensure we leave no trace behind. We pay our crew fairly in a way that reflects their level of skill and contribute in a meaningful way to our community.
They say that money can't buy you happiness. But it can buy you whitewater Packrafting trips... which is basically the same thing!