The Nitty Gritty...
Whether you're looking to learn the basics or take your river exploring to the next level, there's a course for you. With our Packrafting 101 we'll start from the ground up and teach you good practice to shape you packrafting habits. We'll also cover a range of simple and effective solutions to common problems, helping you to build your rescue toolbox. Our River Running Workshops and Intermediate Courses are designed to progress already confident paddlers looking to really push on with their packrafting.
Departures and Timings:
- From Queenstown (meet your guide on Duke St, opposite the Sofitel) at 8am
- Allow two full days on the water
- Get in touch and request dates
- Our River Running Workshops are based Out of Franz Joseph (Friday night meet up for a Saturday morning start)
Fitness and Experience Levels:
- Our Packrafting 101 are perfect for newbies or people who are in the first couple of years of packrafting and are suitable for all levels of fitness.
- The river running workshops involve longer days, 8km of hiking and some Grade III water.
- Bikerafting courses are aimed at entry level paddlers although some more advanced rescue techniques are covered due to the nature of bikeraft travel.
What to bring:
- A towel and swimwear
- Your personal river/rescue gear
- Sturdy footwear (that you don't mind getting wet as we cross rivers)
- Suitable hiking clothes for the weather
- Bug Repellant
- Bike (for bikerafting courses)
- Bikepacking bags if you have them (for bikerafting courses)
What we provide:
- All specialist packrafting equipment
- Knowledge and experience
If getting hold of specific packrafting or rescue gear is problematic, let us know and we'll do our best to provide gear for you.
For our River Running Workshops we will also provide:
- Heli Transport