The Nitty Gritty…
Whether you’re looking to learn the basics or take your river exploring to the next level, there’s a course for you. With our 101 courses we’ll start from the ground up and teach you good practice to shape you packrafting habits.
Our Recreational River Safety Course is designed to be taken the weekend after your 101 course or independently from it. We teach a range of simple and effective solutions to common problems, helping you to build your rescue toolbox.
Departures and Timings:
- The 101 Course departs from Queenstown (meet your instructor on Duke St, opposite the Sofitel) at 8am. Expect to be gone for the full day.
- The Recreational River safety Course departs on Friday night a 6pm from Duke St and returns around 4pm on Sunday.
- Get in touch and request dates
Fitness and Experience Levels:
- All levels of fitness and experience. Talk to us ab out your experience and we’ll ensure we get you on course to suit you. For our rescue courses you’ll need to be confident on grade II
What to bring:
Packrafting 101 only:
- A towel and swimwear
- Sturdy footwear (that you don’t mind getting wet as we cross rivers)
- Suitable hiking clothes for the weather
- Bug Repellant (no deet please)
Recreational River Rescue:
As above plus:
- Paddle ware (wetsuit or dry suit)
- Your personal river/rescue gear
- Camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, stove etc)
What you get:
- Full tuition at a low instructor:student ratio
- All Transport and shuttle
- Two nights camping
- Internationally recognised qualification
- Post course resources and further reading
- Discount on any future rental
- Detailed advice on purchasing equipment
- Opportunities to join future adventures and more advanced courses
- Free photos
What we can supply:
- Buoyancy aids
- Dry bags
- Throw bags (limited supply)
All the above can be supplied free of charge, however, bookings are essential to ensure availability. Please get in touch after you’ve booked to le us know your gear requirements.