Terms and Conditions
- If we need to cancel the trip for whatever reason (weather, guide illness, mechanical issues, bereavement, safety concerns etc) we will do our best to re-schedule trips. If we cannot find dates that we can re-schedule to, we will issue a full refund.
- All participants must be able to swim and understand safety instructions in English. packrafting Queenstown reserves the right to refuse customers who are deemed to unsafe as per the above.
- A non refundable deposit is taken at the time of booking as a sign of good faith and to cover the admin fees of processing bookings and cancelations.
- Cancelations within 48 hours of a trip departing will not be eligible for a refund. Within 48hrs of a trip departing, we are committed to paying all the costs associated with your booking. If you are worried about this at all, please check your travel insurance prior to booking.
- Guests are required to be drug and alcohol free for the entirety of their time on trip with us. Only exception would be overnight/multi day trips where alcohol is permitted (but not supplied) in the evenings after all activities (hiking and paddling) have ceased. Anyone suspected to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be removed from the trip without refund.
- Trips will depart at the time given on your confirmation email (typically 8am or 9am). It is asked that you arrive 10-15 mins early so we can fill out waivers prior to departure. If we do not hear from you we cannot delay trip departures so please let us know if you will be late. "No Shows" will treated as a last minute cancellation and will not be issued a refund.
- Pick Ups can be arranged in the down town Queenstown, fernhill and Glenorchy road area. Pick ups along the Frankton Road, in Frankton itself or other suburbs further out are not possible as they force our guides to work extra hours without additional pay. We don't feel this is fair.
- For Whitewater trips, guides reserve the right to end trips early for safety reasons (high water or lack of competency). Refund cannot be issued for safety reasons, however if a re-scheduling is possible and practical we will do it.
- Packrafting Queenstown may alter the trips for safety or practical reasons.
- All clients must wear closed toe footwear at all times. Packrafting activities involve elements of getting wet feet. If wearing your own shoes is problematic, rentals can be acquired from Small Planet in Queenstown or cheap disposable trainers can be bought from The Warehouse.
- Unless we are informed otherwise, the balance owing for a trip will be charged to the card we have on file the morning of a trip departing.
- All terms and conditions are applicable (including cancelation conditions) regardless of whether bookings are made with card, bank transfer, cash or contra deals.
- Guides may elect to start trips from different put-ins than those photographed for safety or practical reasons.
- Please check you have all your belongings prior to leaving the van as Packrafting Queenstown will not always be able to deliver lost property back to you. We will however make arrangements to leave it out for collection.
- Packrafting Queenstown need to be made aware of any and all medical conditions, medications, old injuries, current injuries or special requirements that may impact our trip or expedition in anyway. Packrafting Queenstown reserve the right to remove clients from the trip if it transpires information has been with held. This is a trust and safety concern.
- If clients, or a close contact of clients have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive with covid 19, Packrafting Queenstown reserves the right to remove folks from trips. Anyone displaying symptoms may also be removed from trips.
- Packrafting Queenstown reserves the right to remove any guest who is impacting the enjoyment of anyone else on a trip.
- Packrafting Queenstown reserves the right to refuse anti-vaxxer, flat earthers, climate change deniers, Chem trail enthusiasts and trump supporters. Packrafting requires a base line level of intellegence.
- 20% non-refundable deposits are taken at the time of booking
As outlined above, we have a strict no refund within 48hrs of a trip departure time. We understand that occasionally problems arise that cannot be helped or are in the realm of extenuating circumstances. Whilst this can be frustrating, we cannot shoulder the financial burden created by cancelations for customers. If this is a problem, please check your travel insurance.