Frequently Asked Questions
- Book through the website or drop us a line if you have specific requirements. Our booking system has online will show all availability
- We’ll send you a confirmation email with all the details of your booking.
- Collect your raft from our base in Queenstown. All gear will be ready for you 8pm the night before your booking or alternatively you can pick it up the morning of your first day. If you’ve arranged postage then you’ll collect your gear from your friendly postman.
- Go have an amazing time!
- Clean and (if possible) dry the gear before dropping it back to us (or posting it)
- Drop us a 5 star review, because you’re awesome.
- Enquire about your next mission.
We charge for the days the boats are out of circulation and unavailable for other customers so that would be a 4 day booking.
Nope. You’ll let us know the day you need it and we’ll ensure that it arrives on time. You’ll only be charged from the day you receive your gear. Similarly, we won’t charge you for the days the boats are in transit back to us via post. You rental period will end the day your drop it off at the post office.
Defo. We are not affiliated exclusively with any particular brand so we can give you free and impartial advice on what boats would suit your needs. We can also process the order for your and import your packraft to make it easier for you.
We do our best to repair the boat and just charge for the price of repairs, however, if the packraft is beyond repair or it’s gets stolen, or lost, or destroyed in the campfire then sorry fella you’ll have to pay for a replacement.
That’s all good. We get that plans change and you’ll need a little flexibility. We’ll make an estimate of how long you’ll need the packrafts for and, provided you tell us before hand, we can bill for any additional days once you’re back home.
Too right there is! We run courses for first time packrafters which is a great way of meeting new keen paddlers to get amongst it with. We also organise social trips through the Packrafting Association of New Zealand (PRANZ), which you should totally become a member of, we give discounts to PRANZ members.
The Packrafting Trips NZ website is full of the best packrafting trips in New Zealand, which effectively makes it a list of some of the best packrafting trips in the world! We also have a location profile that talks about some of our favourites for you to check out.