Rental Terms and Conditions
- Respect our rafts and equipment. They are very durable but not indestructible Treat them like a fragile and expensive bit of kit that you will rely on to keep you safe in the wilderness.
- All Equipment must be returned clean, dry and packed as they were when you received them.
- Paddle within your abilities in suitable locations and weather conditions.
- Take every safety precaution including but not limited to wearing correctly fitting PFD suitable to the water you are paddling (especially on whitewater), helmets and clothing. Scoutting, doing your research, set safety cover.
- Return all gear on time. We get it, sometimes things happen and it takes longer to get out of the bush than expected, but please let us know at the earliest opportunity. We can discuss extending your rental term.
- Seriously, wear suitable PPE.
- Contact any commercial river users (such as jet boat companies) before departing on your trip to inform them of your plans.
- You wreck it, you bought it. You are solely responsible for the rental gear during the rental period. If it stolen, lost or damaged in anyway, you will be charged with the cost of repair or replacement. If the damage is such that the value of the raft is significantly compromised then you may be liable for this too.
- Packrafting Queenstown is not responsible for the failure of rental gear (unlikely as it may be) during the rental period and you hereby absolve Packrafting Queenstown from any claim of consequential loss or damage resulting from such failure. Please check and familiarize yourself the gear before you depart.
- By renting gear through Packrafting Queenstown you acknowledge that there are inherent and unavoidable risks and hazards involved associated with packrafting on water (moving or flat). This may result in death or serious injury to yourself or others. Paddle within your abilities, take every safety precaution and never paddle alone.
- If you intend you paddle whitewater, it is recommended that you undertake a packrafting course with Packrafting Queenstown to better understand the risks and hazards involved.
- All rental equipment remains the property of Packrafting Queenstown.
- Make a plan, tell someone about it and stick to it.
- No responsibility will be taken by Packrafting Queenstown for the breakdown of marriages, loss of jobs or income due to packrafting addiction.
- A 20% non refundable deposit will be required to secure your booking with the balance paid prior to picking up your equipment.
- Any cancelation that occurs within 72hrs of your booking will forfeit any and all refund.
- Cancelations made before this time will be eligible to a 80% refund
- We understand plans sometimes need a bit of flexibility so we offer a 7 day for the price of 4 deal to allow you to build in wether contingencies. However we cannot accept "inclement weather" was a reason to cancel.
Advice and Instruction
- THESE RENTALS ARE DESIGNED FOR EXPERIENCED RIVER RUNNERS. IF YOU NEED INPUT OR AN OPINION ON YOUR TRIP, THEN YOU NEED A GUIDE AND THIS RENATL SERVICE IS NOT FOR YOU.
- IF YOU NEED INSTRUCTION ABOUT HOW TO USE THE EQUIPMENT, YOU NEED AN INSTRUCTOR AND THIS RENTAL SERVICE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR YOU.
- YOU SHOULD HAVE SOLID JUDGEMENT FORGED BY EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING. RENTALS ARE NOT THE PLACE TO BE "TRYING BEFORE YOUR BUY"- JOIN A COURSE.